Q: We can’t get UgCS to run in a Non-admin or Standard User account. Currently, under Windows 10 it asks for admin credentials. Please advise.
There are 2 methods to grant permissions in Windows 10:
First option: to grant permission for the folder containing UgCS
- C: \ Users \ USER_NAME \ AppData \ Local \ UGCS
- C: \ Program Files (x86) \ UGCS \
do the following steps:
- Right-click on the UGCS folder.
- Click Properties.
- Select the Security tab
- Click on "Advanced"
- Next to Owner click “Change”
- Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
- Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
- Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", Click "Yes" and you're done.
- Click the "Edit" button.
- Click on your username from the list.
- Check "Full control" underneath it.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
Repeat with both folders.
Second option: Run the application as administrator):
- Create a cmd file, which includes the following:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\runas.exe /user:<Administrator_Name> /SAVECRED <Path_to_the_program>
- Save the file.
- Run the file to execute.
- Enter the administrator's data
- The program runs as an administrator.
After you repeat the run the password prompt will not appear - it uses the parameter / SAVECRED To learn more about runas.exe: Follow the link
Updated over 1 year ago